Skip fast food and make yummy beef and bean burritos at home. Get great seasoning with a can of enchilada sauce from the grocery store.
- 1 pound ground beef $3.77
- 10 flour tortillas $2.28
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin $.22
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder $.04
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano $.19
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Can of enchilada sauce $.99
- 28 ounce can of refried beans $.98
- Shredded cheddar cheese $2.77
- 2 cups rice $.64
- 4 cups of water
- Dash of salt
- Tomato sauce $.38
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil $.08
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder $.14
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder .$.04
In a skillet over medium heat brown ground beef with seasonings. Once cooked drain and add about half of the enchilada sauce to beef. In another pan heat beans and sprinkle in about half of the bag of cheese.
Zap tortilla’s in the microwave for a minute. Then spread lightly a layer of beans, then add beef, and cheese. Fold corners and roll to a burrito. Drizzle enchilada sauce and extra cheese on top. Heat in the microwave for another minute.
Bring water to a boil on high heat. Add olive oil, rice, tomato sauce and seasonings. Then let simmer for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
This recipe was modified from The Pioneer Woman and makes five servings for $2.50 per serving.