Gotta love Italian food! Try this baked pesto chicken parmesan recipe.
- 1/2 cup flour $.09
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs $.33
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan $.98
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs $1.75
- 1 tablespoon parsley $1.03
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil $.22
- Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce $1.89
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce $.50
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese $.95
- Thin spaghetti noodles $1.18
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in bowl. In another bowl combine bread crumbs, parsley, and olive oil. In a third bowl mix together eggs and parmesan cheese. Dip chicken into flour mixture, then egg mixture, and top with the bread crumb mixture. Place chicken on baking sheet and heat for 20-25 minutes.
While chicken is baking, bring water to a boil and then add salt and let noodles cook for about 15 minutes. Drain and serve with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle parsley on top.
After the timer goes off for the chicken place about a spoonful of pesto, a spoonful of tomato sauce, and a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast. Remove chicken from oven once cheese is melted and then serve with pasta.
This makes four servings and is $3.50 per serving. The recipe was modified from Salt and Wind.